Don Feder, From the perspective of power politics, it makes perfect sense.
It’s almost impossible for a Democrat to get through the day without saying something about race – something really stupid.
Last week, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, Biden’s UN Ambassador, said white supremacy is “weaved [sic] into our founding documents [including the Constitution] and principles.” You know, like “all men created equal” and “endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.” You gotta be a Klansman to believe that stuff.
On the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (Red China, which practically runs the UN, systematically suppresses racial minorities which might challenge its rule), Joe Biden — who once said school busing would create a “racial jungle” — again took aim at the “systematic racism and white supremacy” which he says have long plagued our laws and institutions.
“Racism is real in America and always has been,” squawked Kamala Harris, who practically called Biden racist during the Democrat primary campaign.
If systematic racism and white supremacy weren’t enough, the left insists that we also confront “institutionalized racism,” “white privilege,” “white fragility” (whites who refused to admit their racism) and “whiteness” – in order to reach the promised land of “racial justice,” “racial equality” and “racial equity.”
Democrats call anything that challenges their misrule racist – including Georgia’s election reform (an attempt to “disenfranchise minorities”), gun ownership (In 2008, Obama said Middle Americans bitterly cling to guns and “antipathy to people who aren’t like them”), the Electoral College, the Senate filibuster (“a remnant of Jim Crow”), voter ID laws, capitalism and the Constitution.
It’s like: “Hello, I’m a Democrat. Let me bitch and whine (while I moan and groan) about racism.”
Why the left’s race obsession? From the perspective of power politics, it makes perfect sense. Here are seven reasons why the left keeps pushing its racism rant.
- The left needs a new proletariat – According to Marxist theory, the Bolshevik Revolution was supposed to spark revolution worldwide. It didn’t because workers refused to accept their assigned role. This failure led to Cultural Marxism which dominated the New Left in the 1960s and (via McGovernism) the Democrat Party in the post-Watergate era. In its quest for a replacement proletariat, the left first tried students, then women. Neither was satisfactory. With race, they found a way to organize, agitate, and create the chaos that makes it impossible for anyone else to govern.
- Another reason to hate America – Hatred of America has become the sine qua non of the modern Democrat Party. With its 1620 Project, The New York Times pushes the cant that America began as a “slaveocracy.” Race gives the left multiple opportunities to loath the Land of the Free – slavery, segregation, what it calls the genocide of Native Americans, the exploitation of Asian labor, World War II detention camps and so on. More than socialism or environmental hysteria, it’s race-based anti-Americanism that drives the left.
- An excuse to create new programs and spend tons of money – According to the party of secession and segregation, “institutionalized racism” can be solved in two ways – Getting white America to admit its guilt and do perpetual penance, and an open checkbook. Even spending on COVID and Climate Change are given a racial spin. Since minorities are said to suffer disproportionately from these crises, spending on them must be significantly higher. Reparations would be the crown jewel of welfare spending. To atone for centuries of racism, the spigot will always be open. Reparations will require another bureaucracy to oversee its operations, which will bring new opportunities to benefit favored constituents and jobs galore. That’s why spending junkies like California Governor Gavin Newsom have pledged to appoint advisory commissions on reparations, which will reach a foregone conclusion. Spending is the lifeblood of the Democrat Party. Reparations will provide unending transfusions.
- Attack capitalism – Democrats are always looking for new and exciting ways to undermine the economic system that made America strong and prosperous. Because the free market doesn’t deliver prosperity with complete equality (unlike socialism which bestows misery uniformly), capitalism is said to be racist.
- Demoralize the middle class/marginalize the majority. Even if no one in your family ever owned a slave or a segregated lunch counter, or harbored racial animus, you can be made to feel guilty because of your skin color. (Like the Nazis, Democrats believe in racial guilt.) It’s also a way to intimidate. If you don’t support Black Lives Matter and open borders, you’ll be thought of as a racist. And you wouldn’t want that, now would you?
- Keep minorities in a constant state of turmoil – Think of Black Lives Matter, Rev. Al Sharpton and the rest of the racial guilt industry as shock troops for the Democrat Party. Every police shooting is another opportunity for Democrats to slash budgets and effectively handcuff local law enforcement. The message: We’re your friends, while Republicans, who call for the even-handed application of justice, hate you.
- Keep black votes in the Democrat column – In the last campaign, Biden told a black talk show host, “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.” (Mr. Nasty later apologized, attributing the remark to geriatric exuberance.) In the 2012 campaign, then-Vice President Biden told an African American audience that Republican candidate Romney would “put y’all back in chains.” Like a dog returning to its vomit, Democrats keep coming back to this theme: “Republicans love the Confederate flag.” “The GOP celebrates police shootings of the proverbial ‘unarmed black man.’” Of course, what are they going to say: “Hey, vote for the party that destroyed the black family?” or “Vote for the party that wants to keep African Americans in a permanent state of the dependence?”
Democrats haven’t quite figured out a way to tie infrastructure spending to race. Don’t worry; they will.